Friday 11 November 2011


September 18, 1410

                Today I got the dog andtook him to the castle yard to start training him.  The badger tagged along too.  The same knight that cuffed me came by andyelled that I get my filthy animals out of there.  I yelled back at him that I had permissionfrom Lady Trillium.  He took the dog byhis scruff and before I could stop him he had thrown the dog out of the castlegate.  He ran, terrified, away until Icould not see him anymore.  The badgerhighly disagreed with the knight's decision and attacked him viciously.  He kicked her off and screamed and swore atme some more than he stalked off.  I amso sad.  And I am mad.  He will face my full wrath one day.

                September 20, 1410

                Today I served dinnerand one of the other pages, the bad one who gets the most whippings andthrashings from the teacher, came over as nicely as you please and pretended toaccidentally bump my arm.  I spilled somewine right on Lady Twilika’s fine dinner dress. He said he was most sorry, but he did it on purpose because he sneeredwhen I spilled it.  I miss the dog, and Ihad thought of the perfect name for him. Kody. I also what I will name the badger. Her name shall be Chip for the wayshe chipped the knight's leg.

                September 21, 1410

                 I wonder what my family thinks about myleaving. I wonder what I should be doing. Father would have checked here I know. Maybe he has just accepted this as a fact. I will never know until Ireturn to them when I am twenty one.  Iwill bring many presents, and something like a huge horse for Yvonne.  And a big fur coat for Father that Ifashioned myself.  I will make specialslippers for Mother out of the softest rabbit skins.  They would be so proud to see me walk intothe castle in armour.  I would tell themof great adventures I had experienced myself. I cannot wait for that great day to come.  There would be a huge feast in the great hallwith much entertainment.  And Fatherwould invite knights and Lords and Ladies from all over the land.

                September 24, 1410

                Sorry I haven'twritten you in a while, dear Journal. I'm just experiencing too much grief. Imiss my dog. I miss him so much.  Ithelps that I have Chip but I still miss him. Kody is what I would have calledhim.  Naming him makes him seem likesomebody.  Last week Lady Trillium saidthat a good name for my dog would be Kody because it means "puppy."

 I am so mad I will never be able towrite the date again! It is so infuriating!! What this is about is that stupid page today in lessons.  He punched me, so I punched is just because Iam new here and finds great enjoyment from teasing those younger than himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment