Wednesday 2 November 2011

A story is best when told by the author.

This is a long story, a story never told before.  It is about the course of a young mans life told through the format of his journal.  I know how I said that this blog was to be about nature.  Well I lied.  It isn't.  It is the story of this persons story.  His ups and downs, his losses, his joys, his failures, and victories.  I hope you will read my story, and take wisdom and teaching from it.  As well as  enjoyment and pleasure.  There will be new parts added every day.  unless something hinders the consistency.  So here is the beginning of the story, enjoy.


August 15, 1410.


                This is myjournal.  It will be the story of my lifeas a page, if my plan works.


                My name is EdwardJourney, and I live in a spacious castle with my Father, Mother andten-year-old sister Yvonne.  We live withlots of servants but I take care of myself. My Father is Lord Wrennsson and my Mother Lady Rancilly. We make a goodliving as my Father is a wealthy merchant. He met my mother in Rottweil in 1390, so you have noticed that they havebeen married for twenty years.  Before Iget into the true meaning and purpose of this journal, I decided to introducemyself and my family before you think I am of some crazy personage for what Iam about to say.


                August 16, 1410


                My idea is this:secretly run away from home, take myself to a distant lord, and ask that hetake me in as a page with a forged letter from my Father.  I am going to begin my interesting adventurethis midnight.  The only person otherthan me who knows about my idea is Yvonne. I am wondering if this was a good idea telling her but she usually provesherself trustworthy.  If you arewondering why I know, that is also a secret matter.  Once I was playing close to the well outsidein our courtyard next to the stables; when I stood on the rim of the well whichI knew was strictly forbidden by Mother and Father when I slipped andfell in.  Father had made absolutely surethat we had an ability to swim.  We hadhad a special instructor to teach us how. I am not one to panic, but this was very stressful!  I was foolish for a minute and did not callfor help fearing my Father's wrath.  Butsoon I came to my senses and screamed for someone to help me.  Guess who heard my desperate cry forhelp?  Yvonne.  She came to my aid and since we are twins, wearen't much bigger than each other. She was strong enough to hoist me out ofthere.  When we got to my room so I couldchange I begged her not to tell.  Sheactually listened to me and left me to change. And that is the reason why I could tell her of my escapade.


                The reason why I amrunning away is that Father is never going to let me be a knight even if Iwanted to.  For when I was very young myoldest brother went away to war and never returned.  That is why I am keeping this a secret andonly telling you and Yvonne.


Five in the morning, August 17, 1410


                I made it. Right now Iam sitting by my own private fire, cooking some of my own private food, writingthis.  I will tell you this dearJournal.  At midnight I arose for I heardthe rooster crow. We have a crazy rooster who crows at midnight and it wakes meup every night, and I knew that was when it was midnight and time to go.  I oh-so-silently slid out of my large bed,and put on some ragged looking clothes. (As not to prove suspicious and rich byrobbers.) I threw a bag over my shoulder which I had packed earlier, andslipped silently into the hall.  For asummer's night it was pretty chilly so I pulled my clothes tighter aroundme.  Suddenly without warning, afloorboard creaked. I winced and froze in my tracks.  But then I realized it was not me who hadmade the sound.  I cautiously turned downthe hall and I heard footsteps.  Somebodywas following me.  Before I could doanything, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It wasn not a hard grip.  It wasonly Yvonne. "Good-bye Edward." She said in a quiet whisper.
"Bye" I said extremely quietly back. 
I knew it was safe right then so I continued on.  Wonderfully, no more floorboards creaked as Iexited the hall, until I reached the stone floor.  Then I tip toed across and made it to thesecret door that only the soldiers and my Father and I knew of.  It was used only if the castle was undersiege for making a sneaky counterattack or sending out someone to get food andwater if the castles supplies ran low.  Iopened the door and it creaked and did it creak!  It creaked so loud I thought that even thesoldiers in the neighbouring castle would hear me. 
"What was that?" I heard one say.
 My heart stopped beating, and Iflattened myself against the stone wall of the castle wall and waited. 
"It's probably nothing." Another guard said.  
I stayed flat as a mat for a minute before I found it was safe.  When I had heard nothing more, I crept intothe night.  I had chosen my escape to beon a dark night so I would not be seen by any soldiers at watch.  When I had sneaked some one hundred metersfrom the castle I took off running and made it to the woods, where I amcontinuing my journey.  Come to think ofit, my last name fits well.

No comments:

Post a Comment